Commercial Application

Certificate of Commercial Practice (CoCP):

If your firm desires to offer or practice engineering and or land surveying services in the state of North Dakota, it will need receive a Certificate of Commercial Practice (CoCP) from our Board. Applying for your CoCP in North Dakota will require our completed application with the registration fee, a currently registered professional within the state of North Dakota, and compliance with North Dakota’s Secretary of State. Compliance with our Secretary of State may require your company to obtain a Certificate of Authority (COA) from their office. Please contact our Secretary of States office at (701) 328-4284 or visit their website for more information. Our office will work in conjunction with the Secretary of State as much as possible, but it is still the responsibility of the applicant to forward all required information to the appropriate agency.


Certificate of Commercial Practice Application

Credit Card Payment


Submittal Instructions:

Applications must be typed, handwritten applications will not be accepted.

Please mail all completed applications to NDPELS P.O. Box 1357 Bismarck, ND 58502

The 100.00 dollar registration fee can be payed by credit card using the link above, check, or money order.

If you pay by credit card you must include your Stripe receipt number on the application (this will be in a XXXX-XXXX format), any applications that do not include a stripe receipt number or form of payment will be considered incomplete.

All incomplete applications will not be processed and will be returned to the sender.